There are many scriptures in the Bible that proclaim,
"You can ask God for anything and He will do it."
I am here to tell you that these claims are absolutely true. God always answers my prayers. It is the most amazing thing in the world. It’s supernatural and it’s awesome.
What you must understand is there are spiritual laws that govern the kingdom of God. God is not up in heaven just doing whatever He wants to do. He’s not up there thinking, “I guess I’ll answer Johnny’s prayer but I’m not going to answer Bill’s prayers”.
When it comes to prayer there are laws that govern your prayer. There are rules that must be followed in order for your prayers to get answered. The good news is the rules are simple and easy to learn and follow. There is a promise in the Bible that will meet any and every need you will ever have on this earth.
1. The first thing you must understand is God is your Father and He is your God (If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior). He loves you and has accepted you into His beloved family. You are His son and His heir. Everything that God owns now belongs to you. He has given you His Holy Spirit to reveal to you what He has freely given to you. It is your Fathers good pleasure to give you His kingdom.
2. The New Testament is the last will and testament of God. When Jesus died on the cross, the will came into effect. All who believe in Jesus become the heirs of the will. In the will (Bible) there are many, many promises to the heirs. You have to read the will and find out what the promises are that have been left to you. For example let’s say your Father died and in his will he left you his house. His house is now legally yours. However your Father’s neighbor’s house is not yours. You cannot ask for or claim your fathers’ neighbor’s house because it is not in the will therefore it does not belong to you. Many people ask God for things that are not in the will therefore they do not get what they asked for because they have no legal claim to it.
When you pray you must find a scripture in the Bible (will) that promises you what you asking for. God will never refuse to give you what is legally yours. Every promise in the Bible is legally yours.
2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.
3. You have to settle in your heart that God’s word is true. Wherever it says is true. If it says you are forgiven then you are. If it says you are righteous then you are. If it says you can heal the sick then you can. You must acknowledge that the word of God is true and God cannot lie. This is imperative to settle or you will not be able to stand in faith.
4. You cannot doubt when you ask. If you doubt, you will get nothing from God.
5. You must ask with the right motive. If you ask for things to fulfill the lusts of your flesh you will get nothing.
6. When you pray always come before God with an attitude of thanksgiving.
7. When you pray you must believe that you receive it and you will have it.
For example let’s say you cannot sleep at night or your sleep is always interrupted with having to go to the bathroom or you are having troubling dreams etc. If you pray, “Please dear God help me get some sleep!” Your prayer will probably not get answered because you are not following the rules that govern prayer. Remember the rules. You are an heir of God and have a rightful claim to all the promises of God. So you look into the will and find you a scripture that promises you a good night sleep.
Psalms 4:8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Psalms 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep.
Proverbs 3:24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
These are three scriptures that are in the will, therefore they are legally yours as an heir of God.
Sample Prayer: Father, I thank you for a good night’s sleep, for it is written in your word, “I will lie down in peace and sleep and my sleep will be sweet for you have promised your beloved sleep.” Thank you Father for hearing my prayer and for granting me my request. I believe I receive a good night’s sleep that is free from interruption. In Jesus name I pray Amen.
You may have to pray this prayer for a few nights before you get the answer of a good night’s sleep. Just pray it every night until you are eating the fruit of this promise in your life. God is faithful He will not withhold from you what is rightfully and legally yours. However the Holy Spirit in you may give you some instructions that must be obeyed in order for you to get you’re pray answered. If He does just simply obey Him and your answer will soon come to you.
Go to www.schoolofhealthandhealing.com and take the FREE 14 week course on the “12 Laws governing Health and Healing”. This course will transform your life and empower you to receive your healing every single time you are afflicted with sickness, disease, pain or injury and show you how to always get your prayers answered.
Reverend David E.Watson
Founder and President of the University of Health and Healing. He has a heart for seeing people get healed, and freed from the shackles that Jesus broke off for us.
Order our Book & CD!